Pages

Friday 8 February 2013

Rimmel Apocalips

Until recently Rimmel used to be a name that struck fear into me, bringing to mind their Heather Shimmer lipstick that my friends and I used to plaster on at school and the eyeshadow quads that crumbled as soon as your fingers touched them, but it appears that the high street favourite has done a huge u-turn of late.

First they brought out the Wake Me Up foundation and concealer which gives the likes of high-end brands, such as Chanel’s Vitalumiere a run for its money at a fraction of the price.  Now they have totally spoiled us with the launch of the Apocalips lip lacquer range.



I’m usually a MAC disciple when it comes to looking for a lip shade that has amazing colour pay off and staying power, but wow are these lip lacquers a treat and for £5.99 a pop they’re a total steal as far as I’m concerned. 

I grabbed four of them on a recent trip to Boots and they are all a 10/10. I nabbed Big Bang - a rich 1950s-inspired red, Stellar - a powerful coral, Apocaliptic - a fuschia pink and Nova - a pale rose shade. 

The packaging is very smart, I wouldn’t feel sheepish pulling this out of my bag for a retouch, and the texture is a creamy vinyl, it’s quite gooey but without feeling too thick. I also love the doe foot applicator with a reservoir in the middle for the gloss to sit in, helping maintain an even distribution of product.  This works brilliantly at providing a one swipe application, rather than having to keep dipping into the tube for more colour.


I’ve earmarked Nova and Stellar for everyday colours, Nova goes with anything as it’s such a pale pink and Stellar is bold enough for a day look without being overpowering. 

For an evening look Big Bang is totally gorgeous and full of depth and Apocaliptic is a pretty but striking fuschia, both are sure to make you look ultra glamorous.

Rimmel Apocalips is priced at £5.99 (currently on 3 for 2 at Boots) and can be found at Boots, Superdrug, Tesco and ASDA. 

Has anyone else fallen in love with these little beauties?

No comments:

Post a Comment